Today Gold Price on 6 July 2023: In this article, we will discuss the current prices of gold and silver as of July 6, 2023. The prices of these precious metals fluctuate due to various factors such as excise duty, state taxes, and making charges. It is important to stay updated with the latest prices if you are planning to invest in or purchase gold or silver. Let’s delve into the details.
Gold and Silver Prices Today
The price of gold and silver is subject to market dynamics and can change on a daily basis. As of today, the price of 10 grams of 24-carat gold is Rs 58,540, while the previous trading session closed at Rs 58,530 per 10 grams. Silver, on the other hand, is currently selling at Rs 71,190 per kilogram, compared to Rs 70,380 in the previous trade. It’s worth noting that gold jewelry prices may vary across India due to excise duties, state taxes, and making charges.
Today Gold Price
The prices of gold may vary slightly across different regions in India. Let’s take a look at the prices in some major cities:
- Mumbai: In Mumbai, the price of 22-carat gold is Rs 53,662 per 10 grams, while 24-carat gold is priced at Rs 58,540 per 10 grams.
- Pune: In Pune, the price of 22-carat gold is Rs 53,662 per 10 grams, and the price of 24-carat gold is Rs 58,540 per 10 grams.
- Nagpur: The price of 22-carat gold in Nagpur is Rs 53,662 per 10 grams, while 24-carat gold is priced at Rs 58,540 per 10 grams.
- Nashik: In Nashik, the price of 22-carat gold is Rs 53,662 per 10 grams, and the price of 24-carat gold is Rs 58,530 per 10 grams.
Gold Price today in major cities of India
|City||24 carat gold price|
|22 carat gold price|
|Ahmedabad||₹ 59,220||₹ 54,300|
|Amritsar||₹ 52,200||₹ 47,850|
|Bangalore||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Bhopal||₹ 52,200||₹ 47,850|
|Bhubaneswar||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Chandigarh||₹ 59,320||₹ 54,400|
|Chennai||₹ 52,285||₹ 47,927|
|Coimbatore||₹ 59,560||₹ 54,600|
|Delhi||₹ 59,320||₹ 54,400|
|Faridabad||₹ 52,150||₹ 47,804|
|Gurgaon||₹ 52,100||₹ 47,758|
|Hyderabad||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Jaipur||₹ 59,320||₹ 54,400|
|Kanpur||₹ 52,290||₹ 47,932|
|Kerala||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Kochi||₹ 52,290||₹ 47,932|
|Kolkata||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Lucknow||₹ 59,320||₹ 54,400|
|Madurai||₹ 59,560||₹ 54,600|
|Mangaluru||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Meerut||₹ 52,275||₹ 47,918|
|mumbai||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Mysore||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Nagpur||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Nashik||₹ 59,190||₹ 54,280|
|Patna||₹ 59,220||₹ 54,300|
|Pune||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|face||₹ 59,220||₹ 54,300|
|Vadodara||₹ 59,220||₹ 54,300|
|Vijayawada||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
|Visakhapatnam||₹ 59,160||₹ 54,250|
Identifying Genuine Gold: The Importance of Hallmarking
When purchasing gold, it is crucial to ensure its authenticity. One way to do so is by checking for hallmarking. Hallmarking is a quality certification provided by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) that verifies the purity of gold. It serves as a guarantee that the gold you are buying is genuine and pure. Since June 2021, hallmarking has become mandatory for gold and jewelry in India.
How to Identify Real Gold
To identify real gold, look for the BIS mark on the gold or jewelry, which is represented by a triangle symbol. Additionally, you should request a bill breakup to check the cost of hallmarking mentioned in the bill. Compare this cost with the value determined by the Hallmarking Centre. It is also important to consider the carat of the gold. Genuine gold should have a minimum of 22 carats. Furthermore, you can verify the address of the store listed on the jeweler’s license.
Hallmarking provides a quick way to distinguish between real and fake gold. Here’s how you can check the hallmark:
- Gold with a hallmark of 375 indicates that it is 37.5% pure.
- A hallmark of 585 signifies that the gold is 58.5% pure.
- Gold with a hallmark of 750 guarantees a purity of 75.0%.
- A hallmark of 916 assures that the gold is 91.6% pure.
- Gold with a hallmark of 990 is 99.0% pure.
- Finally, a hallmark of 999 represents gold with 99.9% purity.
The Benefits of Buying Hallmarked Gold
Purchasing hallmarked gold offers several advantages, including:
- Purity Confirmation: Hallmarking provides assurance of the gold’s purity, allowing you to identify real gold from fake ones easily.
- Compliance with Regulations: The implementation of hallmarking rules for gold and jewelry ensures that the gold used in jewelry making is of at least 22 carats and 91.6% purity.
- Avoiding Fraud: By checking the hallmarking when buying gold, you can protect yourself from fraudulent practices in the market.
- Signature Jewelry: With the new hallmarking regulations in place, you can confidently purchase signature jewelry, knowing that it meets the required purity standards.
Staying updated with the current prices of gold and silver is crucial for investors and buyers alike. Today, we discussed the prices of gold and silver as of July 6, 2023, along with regional variations. We also emphasized the importance of hallmarking in identifying genuine gold and provided guidelines for checking hallmarking. Remember, always prioritize purchasing hallmarked gold to ensure its authenticity and purity.